Communications IT sourcing for
Our client was a large multi-national retailer, with over 4,000 locations across 20 countries, but with a heavy presence in the UK.
Peru Consulting committed to provide an international communications backbone network, consolidate more than 25 supplier contracts into one and refresh the legacy communications infrastructure. All of this at a price equal to, or lower, than the existing cost base.
With background expertise in the retail sector, Peru undertook the following:
- Analysis of the current voice IT infrastructure to determine the best areas for refresh, including risk mitigation, cost saving and improved productivity
- Development, with a number of key stakeholders, of a Request For Proposal tender document to cover WAN, LAN, Voice, Contact Centre, Internet and RAS
- Acting as trusted advisors throughout the tender process, working closely with the client's Legal and Group Procurement departments
- Help to negotiate a single contract of key commercial terms with a new supplier and a contract extension with the main incumbent provider
- Development of a contract and associated schedules with the chosen supplier
The overall result was a Best In Market commercial deal, together with a sustainable contract that incentivised the supplier and allowed flexibility to accommodate changes to requirements.
Specific outcomes included:
- Reduced Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for the client's telecommunications
- A total deal valued in excess of £80m
- A single global supplier
- Significant savings in extending the current deal with the main incumbent supplier
What our client said:
“I would not hesitate in recommending Peru Consulting's services as I am sure we will have the opportunity to work with each other again” Chief Information Officer