First delivery of outsourced IT
for a global manufacturing organisation
Our client had signed a first generation IT outsource contract with an offshore provider, which needed to be delivered within a six month timescale and required knowledge transfer to a 60:40 offshore:onshore delivery team.
Peru committed to assist the client in the successful implementation of IT outsourcing that included a full IT Service Delivery Portfolio of service desk, end-user computing, networks, hosting and 600 applications, plus resourcing for some 200 projects, transfer of service for more than 20 third-party contracts, supporting around 20,000 staff and optimising the impact on three major manufacturing plants.
Leading the transition programme, Peru adopted a range of strategies and tactics including:
- A two-phase transition, first transferring management control of the service and then each of the technology delivery areas.
- Implementing a rigorous acceptance process, using both defined tollgates for operational handover and payment, plus health checks to proactively identify and mitigate all transition risks.
- Engaging the retained outsource organisation, to be actively involved in the transition process ensuring buy-in from decision-makers and securing sign-off.
- Collaboratively working with the supplier's onshore and offshore team; understanding and playing to their strengths, while using a client-side team to address skill gaps
With all of this in place, Peru was able to achieve:
- Contract drafting of transition and transformation schedules.
- A clear definition of the transition process and more than 1,500 acceptance criteria.
- Engagement and buy-in of Business Relationship Managers, CTO and Project Delivery Functions.
- Extensive readiness testing of service commencement data, including the offshore service desk.
The transition was completed to schedule, including successful knowledge transfer from over 200 staff, meeting a very stringent set of acceptance criteria. This included migration from a resource to service delivery-based model and the implementation of a fully-operational Service Management and Integration Function.
What our client said:
“I've been really impressed with the difference made....we would be more than happy to work with Peru again in the future” Senior IT Director