Service Remediation for a
financial services organisation
Our client had recently completed a first-time outsource of its entire IT Infrastructure and, over a number of months, was beginning to suffer from decreasing levels of service delivery provided by the supplier. The retained in-house team was struggling to manage the supplier effectively. Peru committed to help remedy the situation.
On behalf of the CIO, Peru worked with the client using our IT service remediation approach. This meant:
- Undertaking a brief review of the client approach to managing and working with the supplier to determine the state of the relationship between the two parties and the client’s approach to the outsourced agreement.
- Analysing the supplier’s service delivery and approach to working with the client and the reality of the supplier’s commitment to deliver the contracted services.
- Interviewing stakeholders to determine the perceived fit of IT performance against business objectives.
- Observing the retained team delivery behaviours in day-to-day activities
- Observing the client and supplier in a number of governance meetings
- Reviewing risk logs, reporting and output from governance meetings
Peru then analysed the all of the above to create a substantial assessment and recommendations which included Peru's best practice insights and learning from other organisations. This, in turn, generated the following:
- Recommendations delivered to the supplier jointly by Peru and the client regarding changes to its account team.
- A detailed maturity assessment of the in-house IT department's people, processes and cultural themes in relation to its capability to manage IT service delivery.
- An assessment of the supplier's ability to deliver the revised IT strategy.
- A structured, actionable and sustainable plan to address identified shortcomings and skill gaps.
- A set of aligned job descriptions and performance measures for the Senior IT Team.
- An objective analysis of capabilities to manage services and supplier and deliver IT strategy.
- An executive briefing pack to communicate the key findings and recommendations.
The supplier replaced a number of its key account team members, resulting in considerable improvements in its delivery capability and a significantly enhanced relationship between the client and supplier. An actionable, sustainable plan addressed areas for improvement, while our client's Executive team recognised the need for investment in the in-house IT team as well as its outsource relationship.
What our client said:
“Peru quickly got to the nub of the real issues and their work has caused immediate improvements in performance"